We are looking for a Home-based Software Engineer to join our growing team in the Philippines. As a Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of Technology and your main duties will be:
- You will participate in the design, analysis, development, test, and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems
- You will produce scalable, flexible, efficient, and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- You will support and follow the Zipeli Software Development
- You will collaborate with the Software Architect, Engineers, Product Owners, and Quality Assurance in an agile development environment.
- You’ll join the development of web applications and robust well-engineered distributed systems as part of the engineering team.
- You will work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas – and you’ll create fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications.
- You will use cloud computing (Google Cloud) to further solidify our infrastructure.
Whom are we looking for?
- You bring at least 1-2 years of experience designing software in object-oriented programming concepts, data structures, algorithms, and system-level programming.
- You have Full professional English proficiency.
- You’re passionate about solving customer problems, including curiosity about how things work today and passion for making them better.
- You can nimbly flex from nitty-gritty details up to the big picture to identify and communicate what truly matter.
- You can perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings.
- You have rock-solid coding skills.
- You have a team-first mentality with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across disciplines and organizations.
- You have a track record of successfully delivering high-quality, web, and mobile applications.
- You can handle pressure and still deliver quality codes at speed.
Technologies we use include:
- Mobile Framework: React Native and Firebase
- Event-Driven Platform: Google Cloud Functions
- Data Storage: Datastore(Firestore), Realtime Database
- Big Data: PubSub, Dataflow, Big Query
- Artificial Intelligence: Google AutoML, Bigquery ML, AI Hub
- Logging and Monitoring: Stackdriver, Google Cloud Monitoring Dashboard
- Tools: Github, GCP, Postman, Clickup
- Continuous Integration / Delivery: Github Actions
What we offer:
- We have a diverse, international setting with teammates who are experts in various topics.
- We often conduct workshops to improve our skill sets, and to improve our workflow as a team.
- We have a flexi-time arrangement for work.
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up.
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career.
You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and the wider business
- You will get to work with massive data sets and opportunities to learn and apply the latest big data technologies.
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career.
- Autonomy in the role and in managing your own portfolio.